Elliptical cross trainer is the most popular fitness equipment in today’s world. Is this just for a craze or they really have some benefits? The popularity of the cross trainers has grown a lot in past few years and now it has a great significance to stay on the top as the best accessory.
It produces ideal workouts involving upper and lower body that gives some impact on the legs, feet and joints too. It is just like a combination of treadmill, rowing machine, stationary bike, etc as it provides total body workout which burns out a lot of calories in increasing your metabolism.
In order to know more about the elliptical cross trainer, let’s discuss the pros and cons that can give you the perfect insight on making right choice.
Pros of Elliptical Trainer
- Well suited for all age groups: No matter what is your age or current fitness level, anyone can use it.
- Dual Workout Capability: It gives equal workout to the upper and lower body and so saves time while burning huge fat.
- Convenience: You can exercise on it from any place even at the comfort of home.
- Low Impact: It has very less impact on back, hips as well as knees.
- Good Investment: investing on it is a wise decision as it lasts long without any wear or tear.
Cons of Elliptical Trainer
- Requires Storage Place: It needs adequate place to stand.
- Installation and Setup: It may a bit difficult to set up by alone and sometimes require 2 or more people to do so.
- Over use: Many people try to use it at the same time or continuously.
- Lack of use: Sometimes during vacation people don’t tend to use it much and it may even cover with dust.
Aerobic exercise like riding an exercise bike has a variety of benefits and it helps you keep away your stress and tensions. When compared to other stationary machines like elliptical, treadmill, these are best in providing low-impact workouts that rank superior as it offers only less stress on joints and knees.
Following are few tips to workout effectively on the e-bike:
It is always recommended to adjust the seat on the exercise bike, so that it fits you rightly. While sitting and placing the legs on pedal, you must have your legs straight when you place your foot at the lowest point. So make your seat as efficiently as possible so that you will be fit in exercising.
Warm up Yourself:
You have to make a warm up session at least for 10 minutes before working out. While starting make lesser pedaling and get sped up as it gets higher and higher again switch back to slow pedaling which in turn will help you out in building your stamina and resistance power.
Do Regular Intervals
Your may watch TV and ride slow and steady, but it may not product the maximum workouts that you would wish to perform. So don’t limit yourself and do the maximum workout as long as you can get. Do intervals alternatively and vary your pedal slowly as well as quickly, it strengthens your leg muscles.
Drink a Cup of Green Tea:
Being hydrated when you exercise on your exercise bike is very important as it helps in preventing muscle cramps and injuries. Try with green tea as it helps in stimulating your fat loss and also helps to lose large amount of fat when compared to adults. Green tea catechins are very essential for those who are serious about losing weight. It also boosts your energy and stamina during workouts.